Saturday, January 30, 2010

Five for Saturday

Better late than never, with a slight twist.

Five nutritious foods that I really like to eat:
  1. Carrots and celery sticks with Trader Joe's organic bleu cheese dressing.
  2. Lara Bars. Especially the Coconut Cream ones.
  3. Seedless Clementines.
  4. Breakfast burritos with low fat cheddar cheese, egg beaters, and turkey sausage.
  5. Greek Cinnamon Chicken.
  6. 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn. Hold the synthetic butter, please.
Yes, that's six. Math has never been my strong suit.

I am trying to learn how to eat breakfast. I have always hated eating in the morning, even when I was a kid. My mom used to shove food down my throat before school and it always grossed me out. But, that's the only way to get your metabolism revved up consistently. So, I've been eating little things in the car on the way to work. Just a banana or a Lara bar can do it. And, I find that I'm hungry when I wake up now. That's a good thing.

No comments: