Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Shredder Girl

Oh, yeah... I wanted to tell you about my great triumph this last weekend! Of course, it was borne of panic, but it worked out well in the end.

My desk in my office is a train wreck. I have always had these grand ideas for organization, but I'm not a naturally organized person so it was nothing more than a pipe dream. But, the one thing that I did keep on top of was the Travel file. H and I go to lots of live concerts, so the Travel file is where we keep all of the tickets and other pertinent information.

H is going to Florida in June to see Pearl Jam in Fort Lauderdale and Tampa (I'm going to pass, thank you very much). The tickets came a few weeks ago. I remember clearly seeing them on the center island in the kitchen and then they vanished. I thought that I had probably put them in the Travel file, but I Couldn't Find Them. So, being the nutjob that I am, I started to panic. I realized after a few days that the best way to look for them was to finally take the time to organize the drawers and files and pray to God that the tickets were in there. So, on Sunday morning, I got the big garbage can, extra bags, and the shredder, and went through every document in the drawers. Boy, are they beautiful now.

As you probably already guessed, there was no sign of the tickets.

I had just finished the project, and was about to start looking for replacement tickets on Stub Hub when H came in to find out why the cats were freaking out (because of the shredder, of course). I showed him my handiwork, he dutifully made impressed noises, and then I gently broached the topic of not being able to find the tickets. He looked at me like I was a complete moron and said that he told me that he was going to put them in his night stand and I acknowledged that as a good idea. Oh, really? Was I sober or paying attention during this conversation?

He went upstairs and got the tickets while I did deep-breathing exercises to calm down. The tickets are now in their special home and all is right with the world. At least my desk is finally cleaned out! I wonder what else I could lose? I'm sure that there's something that I need desperately in the garage.

No comments: