Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tough

It has been a rough few weeks. I've been traveling, adjusting medicine, and trying not to stay in bed all day.

I was shocked to hear H say last night that he now fully understands. Apparently, when I was in Atlanta, he had his own killer case of gators and missed work because of it. When he wasn't missing work, he went out to the car to lay down. I feel horrible that he has gone though that. He's never really been depressed, and doesn't take antidepressants, but in a way I'm relieved because now he says that he understands.

It's easy to get mad when you come home from work and find your spouse still in bed, exactly where you left them 11 hours earlier. You want to just tell them to take a shower and snap the hell out of it and move on. Depression is weakness, you know. But, it's not that easy. And now he gets it. I should be grateful but it still makes me sad. And no, I haven't showered yet today but I'm feeling okay.

No comments: