Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mood Swings

Not really "mood swings" in the truest sense, I suppose. Mostly, they've just been down.
  • I cried yet again when Laura Wilkinson made her last dive. I've loved watching her for years, and I'm so proud. She ended on a great note. And then, that damned Coke commercial with "Breathe Me" came on right after. I couldn't help it.
  • Leroy Sievers died last Friday. He was a long-time producer for ABC and Nightline, but I got to "know" him through his My Cancer blog on NPR.com. God bless him. I feel like I've lost a dear friend, but I never actually met him.
  • I'm still trying not to think too hard about my dad. God bless him as well.
  • Another school shooting? This time it was in Knoxville, but thankfully it was only one kid that died. Unbelievable. Why are guns still allowed out in the general public? Oh, yeah. The Constitution. Whatever.
  • I spent $200 at the grocery store today without even trying. So wrong.
Maybe I'll have another beer and just go to bed. Or, better yet, watch more shows about serial killers on Identification Discovery. I love that channel, but it's not exactly uplifting.

No comments: