Thursday, May 7, 2009

Media Blackout

I have been at home all day and have not turned the TV on.

I have a love/hate affair with TV. I would never go without one. But, so much of the stuff that is on is crap. Actually, the great majority of it is crap. When it's on, it is usually on CNN for background noise.

I have never followed many shows. I have my guilty pleasures (like Biggest Loser) and heavy dramas (like The Tudors, Sons of Anarchy, Sopranos). I never have more than 2 or 3 shows per season that I watch. It's just not my thing. But, I do get obsessed with the ones that I do invest the time in (like Battlestar Galactica). I have never been into sitcoms. Ever. I have watched some of Arrested Development on Hulu, and it's great, but I don't seek it out. I should probably watch 30 Rock, but I can't pull the trigger. I am just not into comedies. It might be different if I had a sense of humor.

Today, I decided not to turn it on. There's no reason for it. And, it has been pleasantly silent until The Lawn Guy showed up.

Such a rebel I am.

No comments: