Friday, September 19, 2008

On the Mat

I still feel like ten miles of bad road, and didn't want to go to Yoga this morning. I am having trouble breathing, as my cold has migrated downward from my sinuses into my lungs. As breathing is such a huge part of Yoga, I didn't think that it would work very well. But, my body is starting to crave the movement, and my mind definitely craves the relaxation, so I thought that I should force myself to go.

I was very disappointed at first, because I couldn't seem to do anything. My balance was much worse than usual and the breath thing seemed overwhelming. But, after about 20 minutes, I just got calm. Being there was more important than anything else. So, there I was.

I didn't want to go but I went. I didn't think that I could do anything but I tried. And, it was a success.

No comments: