Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pros and Cons of Facebook

Overall, it's pretty addictive. And, it's fun getting in touch with so, so many people. I've been spending considerably less time on it lately, and certainly haven't been checking it every 10 minutes.

I made a deal with myself that I would only be "friends" with people that I know and love (or that I am a tremendous fan of). That seems to be working. I have gotten some weird friend requests from people that I don't know, and haven't felt terrible about bouncing them at all.

I have also gotten in touch with some people that I haven't spoken to in 15-20 years. Where do you begin to pick up again? I don't think that you can. You just say that you're glad to be in touch again and that it would be lovely to have a drink some time. Because it would. I don't know how I would begin to be able to recap the last 20 years, and my life isn't even that interesting.

No comments: