Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New You

Like millions of other Americans, I make lots of resolutions every January First that I never, ever keep. Many of my resolutions don't even make it past the first week of January. Keeping that in mind, I'm going to keep it simple this year.

I am going to learn how to let go.

Let's face it... my life has differed wildly from what I hoped or expected. And, that is fine. Really. I have a wonderful husband, family, friends, job. I need to count my blessings and let go of everything else.

I don't need to make a small fortune. I certainly don't need a lot of job pressure or travel. I don't need to have a Blackberry. I don't need business cards. I do need to feel appreciated. I need to put the right thing in people's hands at the right time. I need to get exercise. I need to be able to shut it off when I walk out the door.

Most importantly, I don't need to control every situation that I'm in. I never did anyway, but deluded myself into thinking that I had some say.

It's all about delusions in the long run, isn't it?

No comments: