Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yummy Smells

Today, I cook. I cook a whole lot. Fortunately, none of it is very time consuming or difficult. But, it's a whole heck of a lot of food.

We're meeting for the Once a Month Cooking next Saturday at K's, and I am bringing Pasta Sauce and Tortilla Soup. The Pasta Sauce is the same stuff that I always make, and the Tortilla Soup recipe is J's. Last week, J brought over two rotisserie chickens that I pulled apart and stuck in quart bags in the freezer. One portion of the chicken is in the soup right now. The soup is in the crock pot and will bubble bubble bubble along for the rest of the day until I put it in the serving bags.

The sauce is a little more laborious, but still fabulous. The onions, garlic, and meat are browning now (sausage, hamburger, pork, veal) and I'll add tomatoes, herbs, and wine to it shortly. It will need all day to reduce.

I've been craving Chicken Marsala lately, and will make some for dinner tonight. I'm also going to make extra so that I can freeze it.

It is a lot of work, but not in that it takes a long time to prepare. It just takes a long time to cook. Preparing it to cook is actually pretty quick. And, you do have to have all of the ingredients. That is always my catch.

No comments: