Friday, April 24, 2009

Boy, I Suck


I didn't mean to do it.

I thought that I was doing everything right. I planted the little basil sprouts in a pot with good, fresh potting soil. I watered, fertilized, talked to, loved. Then, I put the pot outside with the other herbs so that the sprouts could get fresh air and sunshine.

I was completely mistaken.

They're not completely dead yet, although they look very rough. At least they're not crispy. I brought the pot inside so that I can continue to water, fertilize, talk to, love. Perhaps Mom will have some words of wisdom when she gets here tomorrow. I hope.

Update at 11:28: Oh, it's dead. It's DED dead. Now it's starting to get crispy. I feel terrible. I doubt that even Mom will be able to resurrect this one. Let's hope that K doesn't ask about it on Sunday.

No comments: