Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pale Green

I just planted the rest of my flowers and herbs. Here's the updated list:
  1. Two flat-leaved Italian parsley (one will probably go to D)
  2. Sweet Basil
  3. Oregano
  4. Jalapeno peppers
  5. some kind of Tomato
  6. Basil seedlings from K
  7. Cilantro (which will definitely not go to D)
  8. Rosemary
  9. Five different containers of petunias in varying shades of dark purple
  10. Catnip (inside for the beasts)
  11. a sticky-uppy plant to take to the store.
Except for the seedlings from K, they are all little plants. I am neither brave nor patient enough to start things from scratch. It looks as though she started them in an egg carton. They're adorable and I will try my best not to kill them.

The tomato and jalapeno are completely uncharted territory. The long-term plan is that I will become a tomato goddess and that next year I will grow lots of Roma tomatoes for canning. It would be incredible to make my own pasta sauce with my own tomatoes. K and D and I are going to work on canning this fall. Should be interesting. I also want to learn how to dry herbs, as I will most likely have a hell of a lot of them.

I put everything into containers, as I distrust my abilities. Or, perhaps I should say, I recognize my lack of abilities. This way, if they start getting crunchy, I can bring them all inside and ignore them more directly.

I meant to take pictures, but the battery on the camera is dead right now. I'll post them after I charge the stupid thing up. I'll also take pics of the blooming stuff in the yard. The clematis that I planted at the mailbox last year and ignored has gotten huge and is blooming. It's gorgeous and I can take absolutely no credit for it.

No comments: