Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chuck

Monday the 18th was my Father's birthday. He would have been 66.

He died in 2002 after suffering from COPD for years. Because he lived in Arizona, and didn't want to "bother me" with the details, he was very sick for years until I got the call that he was going into hospice care in May '02. We went to Green Valley to spend two weeks with him, but he held on until September 13th. My sister was pregnant at the time, and we're convinced that he waited to die until she had safely given birth to her daughter.

I can't believe that he's gone. We had a very rough relationship until about 5 years before he died. He was a raging alcoholic, but sobered up when I was in high school. I'm just so grateful that he got his act together, but I feel so cheated. We should have had so many years to be together.

I love you, Dad. I miss you every day.

No comments: