Friday, August 1, 2008

I Really Missed Her

My sister just called to wish me a happy birthday. She talked, pretty much without taking a breath, for an hour and 15 minutes. Not bad for someone that wouldn't return phone calls a few months ago.

We've always had a difficult relationship, but it has been even rougher over the last few years because of some health issues. But, over the course of the last month or so, she seems to have turned the corner and is an entirely different person now. The change has been remarkable, and I'm so grateful.

It's been particularly tough because my mother and her sister are very, very close. We've all watched as E has drawn farther away from me, and has been rough with everyone else. But, the waiting seems to have paid off. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift.

No comments: