Thursday, April 9, 2009

There's a Hole in My...

Watering can. Crap. How does one get a hole in a plastic watering can?

I bought a relatively small amount of dark purple petunias and some herbs yesterday. It's well known that I'm not a gardener. Every year I plant things that don't make it through the summer. However, I do have a number of annuals in my yard (things that come back), such as tulips and peonies, that are doing beautifully. The clematis that I planted last year around my mailbox have just exploded and should bloom any day. So, this year, I am determined to keep things alive for a while.

After dinner, I realized that I was feeling a little better and that I should get the plants in while I had that short window. I planted seven herbs... okay, six and a tomato plant... in containers and a flat of petunias in the planter box and three hanging planters. I still have a huge bag of potting soil left over. I left them all at the top of the driveway because we are supposed to get rain over the next few days.

Once you plant something, you are supposed to water it. I got out the Miracle Gro, filled up the watering can, and got soaked. I thought that it was just because I was sloppy and tired, but no! There is a freaking hole in my watering can! Great.

To add insult to injury, I was sure that I bought cilantro. Instead, I bought two flat-leaved parsleys and no cilantro. Perhaps D had an inadvertent hand in it, because she hates cilantro. I should just give her one of the parsleys.

I'll need to learn how to upload images to this so that someone can hold me accountable for potential plant murder.

No comments: