Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Little Brats

We are freakishly attached to our cats. They are our kids, after all!

Ever since A had a horrible bout with pancreatitis a few years ago, we have had to give her special diet food. K eats it as well, of course. And, both girls love to get treats. So much so that they will come running from various points in the house when the word "treat" is uttered. We searched in vain for all-natural treats, until H's mom bought some from the Three Dog Bakery for them for Christmas. The girls love them and now we have to order them online.

I ordered another batch the other night, only to find out that they now have LOBSTER. They previously only carried Salmon and Chicken, and of course, they don't like the chicken. I don't even eat lobster! But, I ordered one anyway to test it.

The treats just arrived. I opened the box, asked if anyone wanted one, and they both came running. I gave them a lobster treat. They sniffed it, stared at me quizzically, meowed with concern, and then wolfed it right down. I don't think either one of them chewed it.

I'm so glad that they're happy. I don't think I could handle it if they ignored me or woke me up repeatedly during the night because they were miserable.

(end snark)

No comments: