Friday, October 3, 2008

Purple Mountains Majesty

Whew. What a week.

It stared off with Job #1's biannual seminar. Nothing like being at the Opryland hotel, getting lost, and walking for miles and miles and miles while being happy and wearing lipstick. :(

On Wednesday, I was able to escape a little early, but still had to go home to do laundry, clean up the house, and get both of us packed for Colorado. H has a seminar here, and I came along for the ride. We both really needed to get away.

The view from the hotel is gorgeous. We're on the 10th floor on the Northwest corner, so we have views of the mountains from both the West and the North. So much better than the time that we had the view of Ground Zero from the 55th floor! We're going to Pike's Peak tomorrow with one of his colleagues, and then the USAF Academy chapel and USOC training facility. My friend A, who we're meeting for dinner tonight, might be able to give us some hints as well.

The only real snafu is that my luggage didn't make it with me. However, Southwest was great about the whole thing, and a courier brought it to me about half an hour ago. Yay! I had a feeling that I should have carried the bag on, but I was so tired from the busy week that I just didn't feel like lifting the bag over my head. Lesson learned.

I have to jump in the shower now, as I have an appointment for a facial at 2:45. Shameless, no?

No comments: